Being sick is hands down one of the most frustrating experiences for me, I do not do well with relaxing and I certainly do not enjoy putting my to-do list on hold, however life has its funny ways of slowing us down whether we want it or not. Chicken soup is a childhood favorite of mine because my Mama makes THE best soups, she was very much against canned anything growing up but especially canned soups because of all that extra sodium. Now that I have a household of my own I have taken on the soup making traditions and placed my own little spin on them. Here is a Clean Chicken Quinoa Pasta Soup, I hope you enjoy!
• 4 Cups of water
• 3 Organic Celery Stalks (Sliced)
• 3 Organic Carrots (Chopped)
• 1 Bunch of Broccolini Heads
• 1/4 C of Fresh Cilantro (Chopped)
• 2 T of Dried Minced Garlic
• 2 Bay Leaves
• Salt and Pepper to Taste
• 1 C Quinoa Pasta Shells
• 8 oz of Free-Range Organic Chicken
1. In a sauce pan over medium high heat combine water, Better than Bouillon Chicken Base, fresh cilantro, bay leaves, minced garlic, salt and pepper till water begins to simmer
2. Then add celery, carrots, broccolini heads, chicken and reduce the heat to low. I personally like to let my soups simmer on low heat for about an hour to 90 minutes, I find the soups to turn out so much more flavorful the longer they simmer, but that is just a personal preference.
3. Once you have allowed the soup to simmer add Quinoa pasta and raise the heat back up to Medium High for about 15 minutes.
4. Serve and Enjoy!