- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free or oat flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or cooking spray
- Cookies: In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, cream the softened butter on medium speed until smooth, add the sugar on medium speed, then mix in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. With a mixer running on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients
- Topping: Mix 1/4 cup granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Roll cookie dough into a ball then cover in the cinnamon and sugar topping mixture
- Bake cookies for 11-12 minutes.